Advertiser: Celcom Axiata Berhad Brand: Celcom First Postpaid Creative Agency: - Credits: -
To cut through the simultaneous launch of iPhone 6S plans by all Telcos we had to establish a distinctive foothold for First by Celcom
Insight, Strategy and the Idea
We knew that Apple only allows the Telcos to give away the devices after midnight past the launch. We brainstormed to reinvent this fact in light of the below insights:
1. Malaysians love surprises – special treatment can win their hearts.
2. Celebrities are the biggest influencers for the mass Malaysians.
Once we put this observation and the insight in tandem, we knew we have found our strategy – ‘To surprise the subscribers with a hand delivery as soon as the clock hits the 12am mark’ This gave us an opportunity to do something which no other telco has tried before.
To turn this into a fairy-tale experience for our subscribers we partnered up with Shaheizy Sam, Awal Ashaari, Scha Al-Yahya, Yasmin Hani, Amber Chia, Ella Aminuddin, Jack Lim and Soo Wincci. These celebrities went into different locations selected at random to personally deliver the latest iPhone 6S devices to the customers.
• Video: This entire activity was captured into a video which was shared across platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Forums organically.
• Social Media: All these celebrities used their own social platforms to promote #GetItFirst. They kept their followers engrossed with their live updates throughout the deliveries.
• Event Coverage: This activity was covered by Soyacincau, TechNave, TechAttack, Rotikaya and Lowyat.
• Press coverage: Soon after Press picked up the story & published independent coverage the activity.
Results and Effectiveness
1. Record number of iPhone6S sold by Celcom
2. 56 customers got surprised at their doorsteps
3. 878,999 social interactions for this short campaign
4. 2,990,119 worth of publicity
5. Brand that comes up by with great idea went up by 39% 6. Target overachieved by 129%