Advertiser: QSR Stores Sdn Bhd Brand: KFC Creative Agency: - Credits: -
In 2018, KFC set out to increase the contribution of online delivery to sales.
#1. Food delivery startups were dime a dozen, they offered variety while we offered chicken, just chicken.
#2. And not to forget Promo wars that discouraged loyalty. We needed a breakthrough.
Insight, Strategy and the Idea
1 in 4 conversations on KFC happen on Facebook (Netbase). People were talking about their cravings, sharing promos and drooling over their chicken favourites. We wondered: Can we turn Facebook into a channel of sales? Introducing the Finger Lickin’ bot, an online experience that talks you into buying KFC online.
Start a conversation with KFC on Facebook and you’ll be prompted to order now by our custom built chatbot. Our chatbot brings you through our menu, even explaining what goes into our combo boxes. It takes you through the entire ordering process, from finding your address, adding to cart, up till order confirmation! The upside of creating a chatbot on Facebook was not having to wrestle with page optimization and load time. EDMs were blasted out to KFC loyalists to announce the launch of our chatbot.
1. Time targeted to evening, KFC’s primetime when fans engaged with our page the most
2. Custom messaging: hyping a new experience to younger audiences, while promoting ease of ordering to older consumers. Custom videos & display ads targeting relevant consumer moments wooed visits to the bot.
1. Moments of escapism: targeting trending content & entertainment
2. Special celebratory moments: graduation, engagement, birthdays
3. KFC craving moments: reaching people who visited our website and retargeting KFC Delivery buyers.
Results and Effectiveness
With 3,288 orders made via the Finger Lickin’ Bot, we had achieved a +0.6% lift in online orders thus increasing the contribution of online delivery to overall sales. We had 36K conversations in 8 weeks.1 in 10 conversations translated into sales. #ChatForChicken