Advertiser: Lazada Brand: Lazada Creative Agency: - Credits: -
11.11 Nowadays, every brand and platform ‘celebrates’ 11.11 with major sales. But this ‘event’ was started by Lazada in Malaysia many years ago. Lazada felt it was losing its grip and position over the biggest sale day of the year so they wanted to reclaim it as their own.
Insight, Strategy and the Idea
THE BIGGEST CELEBRATION OF ANY BRAND IN MALAYSIA
As pioneers of 11.11, they needed a big over the top celebration to be able to make the occasion their own. Plus, the celebration would help build anticipation and the excitement for what Lazada claimed as the biggest sale day of the year. The celebration would be a countdown to 11.11 show featuring dance performances, singing, comedy and many opportunities for viewers to win exciting prizes like a brand new car, a trip to Paris and countless vouchers. At the stroke of midnight, the countdown will lead to the launch of the biggest sale of the year.
A RECORD OF FIRSTS
We worked with Media Prima to create a live “Lazada 11.11 Super Show” on the eve of 11 November. This created a record of firsts:
• 1st show ever simulcast on Media Prima (TV3 and NTV7)
• 1st time ever a Volkswagen was given away to viewers on live TV
• 1st time a live performance by a KPop band, KARD, on live TV
Results and Effectiveness
MORE RECORDS BROKEN
Not only did the show achieve a record of firsts on the executional front but it also racked up a number of records in terms of effectiveness:
• The show reached more than 5 million viewers – the biggest ever branded content in Malaysia
• More downloads during the 3 hours of the show than in the previous 1 month cumulative
• Over 100,000 Shakes during the MegaShake during the show